Career after BDS in Bangladesh 2022
In 2021, it is time for us to say that Post Graduation after BDS is not only a beautiful dream, but also one of the pre-requisites of an established career in Bangladesh or aboard.
Career options after BDS in Bangladesh :
- FCPS (Fellow of College of Physicians & Surgeons)
- MS (Master of Surgery)
- DDS (Diploma in Dental Surgery)
- MCPS (Membership of College of Physicians & Surgeons)
- MPH (Master’s in Public Health)
- M.Phil (Recommended)
Name of Subject for Post Graduation after BDS:
1. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (FCPS, MS)
2. Conservative & Endodontics (FCPS, MS)
3. Orthodontics (FCPS, MS)
4. Prosthodontics (FCPS, MS)
5. Pediatric Dentistry (MS – Recommended)
6. Dental Surgery (DDS)
|Course Name||BCPS affiliated||BSMMU affiliated|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||FCPS||MS|
|Conservative & Endodontics||FCPS||MS|
|Diploma in Dental Surgery||DDS|
Duration of the above Degrees:
FCPS – Five years (Part -1 and Part – 2)
MS – Five years (Phase – A and Phase – B)
DDS – Two years
|FCPS||I & II||5|
|MD/MS||Phase A & Phase B||5|
Time of entrance test of Post-graduation in Bangladesh :
- FCPS – Twice a year, in the first week of January and July. This test is 3 days long. Form fillup for the exam is to be done in November and May for January and July sessions respectively (But now it is not regular scheduled due to covid pandemic).
- MS – Once a year, in the first half of November this test is 1 day long, BSMMU is the moderator of this test, Center – BUET campus. Form is to be filled in October.
- DDS – Once a year, this test is done in March, Regulator – BSMMU. Form fillup is to be done in February.
- MPH – Same day of FCPS exam but after 1:00 PM (FCPS – morning)
Eligibility for the test
- FCPS -This test can be given after passing BDS exam and 1 year internship. Required – BMDC Registration Number (Permanent), 1 year Internship Completion Certificate and BDS Pass Certificate issued by University.
- MS – After Passing BDS with 1 year internship and with 1 year gap means this test can be given after 2 years of BDS pass. If someone passes BDS in February 2020, then he will be able to take the exam in November 2022.
- DDS -Like MS.
|FCPS||This test can be given after passing BDS and doing 1 year / 1 year internship. Required – BMDC Registration Number (Permanent), 1 year Internship Completion Certificate and BDS Pass Certificate (University issued)|
|MS||BDS + 1 year internship + 1 year gap means this test can be given after 2 years of BDS pass. If someone passes BDS in February 2020, then he will be able to take the exam in November 2022.|
Exam Pass Marks and Seat:
FCPS: 70% mark in 3 papers in 300 mark test. Seat Unlimited.
MS: 3-5 people with highest marks in each subject subject to having seats in MS, 200 mark examination.
DDS – 5-6 candidates subject to 100 marks in the examination.
This means that the number of seats for MS and DDS is very limited, so the competition is very High.Although FCPS offers Unlimited Seats in this regard, it is not at all easy to get 70% marks in each Paper.
High-yield topics for entrance test :
- General Anatomy (Head, Neck),
- Oral Anatomy & Histology & Embryology,
- General Physiology,
- Oral Physiology,
- General Pathology,
- Microbiology (Bacteriology & Virology mainly), Immunology,
- Oral Pathology & Periodontology,
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery etc.
Many questions are come from Above topics, questions also come from another topics , but comparatively less. So these topics must be read with emphasis.
How to read for Post-graduation after BDS:
- Solved Past Papers.
- Try to give regular Mock test.
- You can admit in a coaching (It is best for mock test and self assessment).
- Study with Partner (at least 1) or group study.
- Before you start reading, think about what you are going to do.
- Remember, you can read to be a specialist. So everything has to be read. Again, all must be read. There is no shorcut way to Success. The important things need to be read carefully.
- There is no alternative to Text Book for Basic Clear.
- Remember, the day your Basic Clear, the day you will get a chance at Post Graduation.
- If it is today then today, if it is tomorrow then tomorrow, if it is 1 year later they 1 year later. If you really want to be a Post Graduate, then study well from the beginning.