A guide to the PLAB 1 and PLAB 2 Test for overseas doctors and PLAB blueprint, and PLAB Book pdf
- What is PLAB?
- Do you need to take the PLAB test?
- What are the requirement for the plab test for overseas doctors?
- What is the passing score of PLAB 1?
- What does the PLAB test involve?
- What do you need before you can take PLAB test?
- PLAB Part 1
- PLAB 1 Syllabus
- PLAB blueprint
- What is the best books for PLAB test for doctors?
- PLAB part 2
- PLAB Facebook group and forum
- PLAB preparation subject list
- What happens after you have passed PLAB 1 and PLAB 2?
- Where can we take PLAB 1?
- When can you take the exam outside the United Kingdom?
- What are the Contact details for overseas/outside UK venues for PLAB 1?
- PLAB exam in Bangladesh
- PLAB 1 exam Dates 2021
- PLAB Cost in Bangladesh
- PLAB cost in india
- PLAB cost in Nepal
- Best PLAB online coaching in the world
- Important topics for PLAB 1 exam
- PLAB accepted Country
- Is MBBS degree valid in UK?
What is PLAB?
The PLAB test means Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test, The PLAB test helps us to make sure doctors who are qualified abroad have the right skills and knowledge to practise medicine in the United Kingdom.PLAB means Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board.
Do you need to take the PLAB test?
If you completed your graduation from a medical school or Medical College outside of the United Kingdom, European Economic Area or Switzerland, you will probably need to take the PLAB(Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) test. The PLAB test will check that you know and you can do the same as a physician beganing the 2nd year of their Foundation Programme training in the United Kingdom (UK).
What are the requirement for the plab test?
Primary medical qualification must be recognised by an institutions such as MBBS degree awarded by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC).
IELTS Score 7.5 ( at least 7.00).
Postgraduate training or clinical experience at least 12 month in teaching hospital. You can OET instead of IELTS. It is more easy than IELTS
What is the passing score for PLAB 1?
The Passing Score for PLAB 1 is not same always. It can be changed between on the average score but it is always around 120 -126 is almost sixty to sixty two percent. The most important thing of PLAB exam is time utilization. Regarding Time Management, the PLAB 1 composed of 200 Single Best Answer Questions (SBAQ’s).
Know more :PLAB 1 and PLAB 2 pass rate.
What does the PLAB test involve?
There are 2 parts to the PLAB test
PLAB Part 1 is a written MCQ multiple choice exam, with 180 SBA/single best answer questions. PLAB Part 2 is a practical objective structured clinical exam which are known as an OSCE exam. You will need to pass both parts of exam before you can apply for registration with a licence for practising medicine in the United Kingdom.
What do you need before you can take PLAB test?
Before you can participate the PLAB test,all will need to make up a GMC Online account and show your medical qualification,skill and knowledge of English, which are acceptable. When you have done that, you can book your place on PLAB part 1 of the PLAB test.
A guide to PLAB test.
PLAB guidelines for overseas.
PLAB part 1
PLAB 1 test is a written exam made up of 180 MCQ (multiple choice questions) which you must answer within 180 minutes or three hours. Each question starts with a short scenario followed by a mcq question.
PLAB sample question
Mrs Anisa 21 year old woman sustained an undisplaced fracture of the mid-shaft of her right tibia. The fracture has been treated conservatively with a plaster cast. Two days later she has increasingly severe pain in her right leg. Her right toes are warm and pulses are present.What is the most important immediate action?
- Elevate the right limb
- Refer to orthopaedics Department
- Remove her plaster cast
- Replace the plaster cast with increased padding
- Re-x-ray of the fracture site
You need to choose the right and best answer out of the 5 possible answers given. participants can sit part 1 in a number of countries outside UK, as well as in the UK. Have a look at the available locations & dates when participants log in to their GMC Online.
GMC have created a guidelines for PLAB 1 preparation, so you can download PLAB blueprint
What is the best books for PLAB 1 test?
Best PDF book for PLAB preparation.
Best books for PLAB 1 Studying are:
- Oxford Handbook of clinical medicine is the best book for PLAB test.
- Oxford Handbook of clinical specialties is also best book for PLAB exam.
- Davidson’s principle & practice of medicine
- Samson note for PLAB 1 test
- ECG book for PLAB 1 and 2 pdf
- PLAB test topics
- Notes for PLAB test
- Unsolved Questions(1700) for PLAB test 2021
- Unsolved questions – 1700
- Dr Khalid 1700 question for PLAB test pdf book (second version)
- Unity note for PLAB 1 test pdf book-subjectwise
- Unity note for PLAB 1 test pdf book – unanswered
- Note for PLAB test book pdf
- 1700 mocks for PLAB 1 test pdf book
- Clinchers for PLAB test PDF book
- Recalls (2014-2017) PLAB test pdf book
- Latest edition Subject wise 1700 Question on amazon
- 1000 MCQ for PLAB : Based on Current Exam (Master Pass)
If someone with copyrights for above books wants us to remove the pdf Book, please contact us for removing the book. immediately.
You may send an email for removing or adding pdf:
PLAB part 2
PLAB 2 test is an objective and structured clinical exam. It is made up of eighteen scenarios, each lasting 8 or eight minutes and aims to reflect clinical eye settings including a mock consultation and an acute ward.PLAB 2 tests run throughout the year at their clinical assessment centre.
Facebook Group for PLAB test preparations
Best Facebook group or page or forum for PLAB test preparations and PLAB 1 and 2 guidelines.
PLAB preparation subject list
The PLAB exam is mostly oriented with the clinical skills and knowledge of the students and the subjects that involve assessing clinical skills. PLAB 1 exam just clinical skills not Basic science. The subjects that the PLAB Test is focused around are given below:
- Clinical Medicine
- Clinical Surgery
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Behavioral Sciences and psychiatry.
What happens after you have passed PLAB 1 and PLAB 2
Once you have passed PLAB 1 and PLAB 2 parts, you can apply for registration with a licence to practise medicine in UK. Your application cannot but be approved within 2 years of passing PLAB 2 of the test. Once GMC-UK approve your application and you gain GMC registration you can work as a physician in the United Kingdom.
A guide to PLAB exam.
Where can we take PLAB 1?
GMC Council run the PLAB exam four times a year in the United Kingdom and in a number of overseas locations. To see the locations of exam center and whether places are available you will reachieve to register for a GMC Online account & look under the ‘My Tests’ section.
All exam test places are limited and in high demand. They(GMC center) carefully check demand to ensure that availability is evenly & fairly spread throughout the year.
MRCP basic information and preparation guide for Doctors
When can you take the exam outside the United Kingdom?
GMC center run the exam four times a year in the United Kingdom and in a number of overseas locations. The overseas/outside uk exams center are hosted for participants by the British Council and are listed below along with the contact details. Once you have booked online registration, please only contact the relevant British Council office (such as Bangladesh) if you have not received details of the venue 14 days before the exam.
Contact details for overseas/outside UK venues for PLAB 1
- Bangladesh>Dhaka>firstname.lastname@example.org >+880 (02) 861 8905
- Egypt>Alexandria>email@example.com>+20 (0) 2 19789
- Egypt>Cairo>firstname.lastname@example.org>+20 2 3001666 +20 (0) 2 19789
- Ghana>Accra>email@example.com>+233 (0)30 2610090
- India>Bangalore>firstname.lastname@example.org>+91 044 42050600
- India>Chennai>email@example.com>+91 044 42050600
- India>Hyderabad>firstname.lastname@example.org>+91 044 42050600
- India>Kolkata>Kolkata.Customercare@in.britishcouncil.org>+91 33 282 5370
- India>Mumbai>email@example.com>+91 22 6748 6748
- India>New Delhi>firstname.lastname@example.org>+91 11 4219 9000
- Nigeria>Abuja>email@example.com>+234 (0)709 8121 548
- Nigeria>Enugu>firstname.lastname@example.org>+234 (0)42 290 962
- Nigeria>Lagos>email@example.com>+234 1 2692188 / 2692189 / 2692190 / 2692191 / 2692192
- Pakistan>Islamabad>firstname.lastname@example.org>+92 51 111 424 424
- Pakistan>Karachi>email@example.com>+92 51 111 424 424
- Saudi Arabia>Riyadh> KSAinfo@sa.britishcouncil.org>+96 612 657 6200
- South Africa>Johannesburg>firstname.lastname@example.org>+27 11 560 9300
- Spain>Madrid> UniPro@britishcouncil.es
- Sri Lanka> Colombo>email@example.com>+94 4521 500
- Sudan >Khartoum>firstname.lastname@example.org>+249 (1) 87028000
- UAE >Dubai>email@example.com>+971 4 3135556
PLAB exam in Bangladesh
A Guide to PLAB test for Bangladeshi doctors.
Bangladesh have only PLAB 1 exam center, but PLAB 2 center only in UK.
PLAB 1 test dates 2021
Exam date: 18 February 2021
Overseas closing date: 7 January 2021
UK closing date : 4 February 2021
Exam date: 20 May 2021
Overseas closing date: 8 April 2021
UK closing date : 6 May 2021
Exam date:12 August 2021(release date tbc)
Overseas closing date:1 July 2021
UK closing date :29 July 2021
Exam date: 4 November 2021 (release date tbc
Overseas closing date:1 July 2021
UK closing date : 29 July 2021
PLAB Cost in Bangladesh :
PLAB 1 fee :230£
PLAB 2 fee : 840£
Besides this has Coaching fee, residents fee visa passport and GMC registration subtotal PLAB Cost 6-8 lakh Taka for Bangladeshi.
PLAB Cost in India :
A guide to PLAB test for indian doctors.
PLAB 1 fee :230£
PLAB 2 fee : 840£
For GMC registration fee: 425£ [36640INR]
Besides this has Coaching fee, residents fee visa passport and GMC registration subtotal PLAB Cost 3-7 lakh INR for Indian .
PLAB blueprint. PLAB in Bangladesh. PLAB in india.PLAB means. PLAB books pdf. PLAB part 1 keys. PLAB part 1. PLAB in UAE.
PLAB Accepted Country
PLAB is accepted country:
- Australia – Provided you have two years United Kingdom experience.
- New Zealand – Provided you have two years United Kingdom experience.
- Saudi Arabia
- Many other Commonwealth countries also exempt you from their own Medical licensing exams if you have passed both PLAB 1 and PLAB 2 exam.
Is MBBS Degree Valid in UK?
Is MBBS degree from Bangladesh valid in UK?
Papers may be need before internship finishes:
- MBBS certificate(main copy).
- Academic transcript.
Papers need after your internship is completed:
- Internship completion certificate from your training Institute or hospital.
- BMDC full registration certificate.
Papers need to obtain after passing PLAB 1:
- Certificate from BMDC of Good standing.
- Letter from BMDC completing internship.
- Police verification Certificate
- Career Guide for Doctors : FCPS/MD/MS/MPH/Diploma/PLAB/USMLE/MRCP
- A guide to PLAB test for Bangladeshi
- USMLE career guide for Bangladeshi
- Collection of Medical and BCS book
- MRCP career guide for Bangladeshi
- FCPS Suggestion : Physical Medicine
- FCPS Medicine Part 1 Preparation and Syllabus
- EDAIC (European Diploma degree) test center in Bangladesh
- Read more: USMLE Career For Bangladeshi doctors and medical students.