OET exam preparation and Guidelines for international doctors
- What is OET?
- Why to needs OET?
- OET accepted Country
- OET Pass Marks
- OET Marks Distribution
- How to Prepare for OET?
- Tips for OET
What is OET
OET full from is Occupational English Test. This is an English language test for healthcare professionals.
Why is Need OET?
You can take any IELTS or OET test if you want. Never accept OET before. It was approved a few years ago. If you want to move to foreign country such as (UK,Australia,Canada,USA etc) with PLAB / AMC / MRCP / MRCS / MRCOG, you have to take one of these two tests. Must get at least Grade B for pass mark OET.
OET Recognized Country List
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
OET Exam Date 2021
- 6 November 2021
- 20 November 2021
- 4 December 2021
- 18 December 2021
OET Pass Mark
Parts of OET exam
OET have 4 parts.
- Writing, and
All of them have to get Grade B individually. If you get below Grade B in any one of them, you have to give 4 parts together again.
OET Marks distribution Part wise :
The total number of each part is 500. You need to get at least 350 for grade B. Sometimes grading numbers may vary slightly depending on the difficulty of the question but it can hold an average.
OET will be valid : upto 2 years after Pass, on the other hand, 4 years in IELTS.
1. Listening Part- Marks distribution :
Time: 40 minutes. After finish the listening, you will have about 2 minutes to check the answer. Listening is divided into 3 parts. There are 42 questions in total. Have no negative marks for wrong answer. So it is better not to leave any questions. Another great advantage here is that no number is cut for spelling mistakes.
2. Reading Part Marks distribution :
Time: 1 hour. It is divided into 3 parts. There are 42 questions in total.
There are 20 questions in Part A, time is 15 minutes. Try to correct this part as much as possible. After 15 minutes Part A’s solution paper will be taken away. You have to answer Part B, C in the remaining 45 minutes.
3. Writing Part – Marks distribution :
You have to write a letter. Time 45 minutes. In the first 5 minutes you just have to read the question, at this time you can’t write anything. You have to finish writing in the remaining 40 minutes.
4. Speaking Part – Marks distribution :
Two cards will come here. Time 5 minutes for each card. Before starting each card you will have 3 minutes to read the card.
Where to test in the World?
This test is done twice a month at Future ed venues in Bangladesh.
How to book for OET?
You can open an account on the official site of OET (https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org) with your required information and soft copy picture (size less than 2mb), from there you can book the exam.
How much is the fee of the test?
- 587AUD. You need to book directly from OET’s official website (https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org).
How to prepare for OET test
- Listening: you can practiced solely from Youtube. search by “OET listening for doctors”.
- Reading: You can used following books. 1) OET reading home work book 2) Authentic reading materials.
- Writing: You can do online course, available on internet. it will help you a lot to find out your weekness.
- Speaking: Find a good partner & practice with his/her from Futureland’s speaking book.
Some tips for OET exam preparation
1. Print the question paper, that way you would be able to have an actual feeling of exam.
2. Writing: evaluate your letters first & find out what are your mistakes. Then practice
3. You can Download the answer sheet for writing section. That way you’ll have an idea of approximate word count. You won’t have to waste your time counting words in the exam
4. Speaking: you also try to be empathic & confident
5. Remember your preparation time is 1 month.
6. Practice and Practice, and Practice More