PCOS means Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
In order to keep pace with modern globalization, radical changes have taken place in everyone’s life. As a result, the incidence of the disease is increasing day by day. Especially women are being affected by all complex diseases. There is heart disease, cancer, lung infection, diabetes.
And body weight is increasing for irregular living. However, gaining body weight is not the only thing that increases body fat. The cause of all diseases more deadly. One of these is polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS. Doctors also call it as ovarian cyst.
But at first women took it very lightly. Don’t take this issue seriously. This leads to chronic problems. According to a 2012 World Health Organization survey, a total of 116 million women worldwide are affected by polycystic ovarian syndrome. About 10 percent of women in India are affected by this disease. According to experts, at present one out of every five women in our country suffers from this problem. Let’s find out about this disease-
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)?
Acording to experts, many women have more eggs in their ovaries than usual. Which cannot come out. Those egg cells look a lot like cysts. This is called polycystic ovary. And the physical symptoms that occur due to this position of the ovaries are polycystic ovarian syndrome. This disease results in an excess of male hormones in the body of girls. As a result, unwanted hair grows on various parts of the body. It mainly affects the reproductive system, causing problems in pregnancy. This may be one of the most common causes of infertility. It is more common in girls between the ages of 13 and 35.
What are the causes of PCOS?
The exact cause of polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is not yet known. However, experts have mentioned three aspects as the reason.
- Genetic factors. A woman’s risk of developing PCOS increases by about 50 percent if she has someone in her family. Again if someone is suffering from diabetes. However, there is a risk of polycystic ovary.
- Environmental factors.
- May be due to irregular lifestyle. Such problems are caused by irregular eating habits, tendency towards fast food, eating fatty foods, living a disorderly life and reducing physical activity.
Symptoms of this disease
1. Excess weight gain and obesity. These symptoms are not seen at first. Published later
2.Menstrual problems, such as – irregular periods or not having periods
3. Blood clot
4. Hair fall from the scalp
5. Unwanted hair growth on the face (Beer,)
6. Excessive acne on the face
The risk of this disease
2. Sugar levels may increase during pregnancy. Type 2 diabetes occurs.
3. Liver problems
4. Increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.
5. Insomnia, anxiety and depression.
6. Bleeding from the uterus
7. Premature birth
8. Breast cancer
9. Endometrial cancer
The way this disease is diagnosed-
Diagnosis is made by ultrasonography of whole abdomen depending on the sign & symptoms. In addition, blood tests and levels of testosterone hormone , prolactin hormone , triglycerides, cholesterol, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and insulin are also determined.
Treatment of this disease
According to doctors, if this problem is caught at the right time, it is possible to cure it quickly by taking medicine. However, before applying the medicine, the doctors insisted on reducing the weight of the patient. He also mentioned a balanced diet, exercise and quitting smoking. Since polycystic ovarian syndrome causes infertility in 30 percent of cases, those who are trying to conceive undergo a minor surgery called laparoscopy ovarian drilling.
Ways of prevention
- Change eating habits. Absolutely give up eating junk food and fast food. Eat vegetables, fruits, vitamin-B, vitamin-C, vitamin-E rich foods in the diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Regular exercise mast.
- You have to control your weight.
- Quit smoking, drinking, tea and coffee.
- Must refrain from living a chaotic life.
Do not be unduly afraid. Get treatment at the right time without being upset. Follow the doctor’s advice. Neglect is not just infertility. Other physical complications may also occur. So be more careful and caring towards yourself