Diabetic Food Habits
is a common disease that is largely dependent on our eating habits And lifestyle. It is known that people with diabetes are more likely to have
- heart disease,
- Cerebral disease,
- Kidney disease and
- mental illnesses, such as depression, than non-diabetics.
But in most cases type-2 diabetes (so that insulin is not required, only medication is used) is controllable and in some cases curable. To prevent diabetes – that is, not to avoid all kinds of foods or to eat fun foods. This means that all foods can be eaten, but in moderation, so that your mood and energy balance.
What is a good diabetic food?
No matter what you eat for diabetes control, your nutritional needs are up to you. No separate food is required for this. But you have to choose the food list wisely. Care should be taken especially in the case of carbohydrates or sugary foods.When you lose 5-10 percent of your body weight, most of your blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar will go down normally, which plays a leading role in preventing diabetes.
Regular exercise and moderate eating habits – such as helping to keep the body tidy, will be a guide to your fatigue, mental well-being and regular lifestyle . Type 2 Diabetes mellitus are preventable, including diabetes control.
Obesity is one of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes mellitus . Most of our body fat accumulates in the abdomen, which surrounds the esophagus and liver, and interferes with the body’s secretion of insulin. Excess sugar-rich foods such as soda, processed foods such as donuts, chips, sports drinks, cereals, chocolate, energy drinks, soft drinks etc. help to build up fat around the stomach and esophagus. By cutting down or reducing sugar-rich foods, the risk of diabetes can be largely prevented.
Diabetic diet does not mean that you should abstain from your favorite foods. First of all, you have to choose the food wisely.
You can’t eat all kinds of sweets , you can always eat your favorite sugar-rich food but in moderation and limitations. For example, you can’t eat sweet yogurt as much as you want. You can eat, but make sure it is included in the list of healthy foods.
You need to eliminate sugary foods
- Keep track of how much sugar(carbohydrat) you are eating. Keep in mind that instead of starch foods like rice, bread, rice, pasta, and oats, etc. the leaves contain barley, brown or red rice, gumba wheat grains, because cereals have a greater role in controlling blood sugar.
- Nutritious food is applicable to everyone, whether you are diabetic or non-diabetic, expensive and special diabetic food does not play a very important role in controlling diabetes .
- More protein foods are better for diabetic patients . Studies have shown that extra protein foods, especially animal proteins, play a role in insulin resistance, meaning that they reduce the performance of the key hormone that controls glucose. The key is to have a balanced distribution of sugars(carbohydrate), and fatty foods no matter what you eat.
- In particular, naturally prepared foods such as processed foods and unprocessed foods and unpacked foods are safe for diabetes.
What to eat more for diabetic patients
- Beneficial fats eg: nuts, olive oil and fish oil etc.
- Fruits and Vegetables – Basically clean, colorful and fresh vegetables are good food. Juices should be eaten more fruit.
- Indigenous fish and chicken ,Good protein foods – such as eggs, low-fat milk, sour yogurt, etc
What not to eat more:
- Deep fried food or extra cooked food
- Packaged fast food, especially sugar, baked goods, sweets, desserts, chips, etc.
- White bread,cereals,pasta, rice
- Processed fish, meat
High fiber foods and slow release carbohydrates. carbohydrates have a huge role in our body, it regulates the level of sugar in the body, even its role is more than fat or protein. So you should pay attention to what kind of sugars you are eating. Special care should be taken about processed sugars such as white bread,cereals, pasta,soda, sweets, and packaged foods with sugar added. Attention should be paid to slow-release carbohydrates and high-fiber foods.
What is glycemic index?
It acts as a measure of blood sugar. It is known through this that the level of sugar is increasing. The amount of sugar in different foods is determined by the glycemic index. Be alert of diabetes by eating foods rich in low glycemic index. It is important for diabetic patients to know the Glycemic Index (GI) of their diet,
- low Glycemic Index diet has a level of 55
- medium Glycemic index diet has 56-69 and
- high Glycemic index diet has more than 60, diabetic people have low GI diet.
Of course, no real idea has been developed so far, and many are taking low glycemic index drugs( ), which may be making things worse. Various researches have shown that following the list of foods given by the doctor without relying on Glycemic Index has a greater role in controlling diabetes.
Be alelrt with sugary foods –
Diabetic diet does not mean that it will control or deplete your body’s sugar. If you have diabetes, you can eat all the sugary foods in general, but in moderation as a rule.
- You can keep a small amount of talcum sugar in your daily diet.
- If the food is sweet, do not eat white bread, rice or pasta. You can eat dessert.
- You can keep a small amount of balanced fat rich food, fat helps in slow digestion. Peanut butter, cheese, sour yogurt and almonds can be included in this type of food.
- Eat sugar containg foods with other balanced meals, just refrain from eating sweets. Because just eating sweets can suddenly raise blood sugar levels.
- Enjoy the food, enjoy every bite of what you eat, no matter how small the amount of sweets, as well as keep track of what you eat, when you eat and how often you eat.
How to reduce sugary foods?
- Soft drinks and juices – Drinking one bottle (250 ml) of soft drinks or juice daily raises blood sugar levels by about 15 percent. Instead, you can drink orange or lemon juice. Instead of sugared milk tea, you can apply sugar-free color.
- Saturated fats and sugars – Avoid sugary foods instead of saturated fats on your daily diet, such as skim milk. Many of us think that eating sweets instead of milk will meet the demand, but this is a misconception. One glass of milk daily satisfies the nutritional needs of the body to a great extent.
- Add sweets to your diet – sour yogurt, color tea, oatmeal, etc. do not contain common sugar. If you want, you can mix a small amount of sweet fruit.
Processed Food Selection
- In the case of out-packaged foods, keep an eye on their sugar levels. Choose low-sugar foods. Especially soft drinks, biscuits etc. It is best to take homemade foods
- Give importance to flavor of food instead of sugar in food – Reduce the level of sugar in food by one-thirds or one-fourth and add flavor of mint, vanilla etc.
- Enjoy full flavors of other foods – such as frozen bananas, dark chocolate instead of ice cream.
[See more about: Diabetes and Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes mellitus ]
Selection of fatty foods –
As fat is harmful to our health, it has many benefits, so be awful when choosing fatty foods item
– The worst fats are these processed transaturated fats. Also avoid processed packaged foods, fried foods such as chips, burgers etc.
– Unsaturated fats are best, the main sources of the unsaturated fats are fish and plants, such as olive oil, almond oil, etc. Fish oil contains omega three fatty acids, which help prevent various diseases as well as keep the brain and heart strong.
Saturated fats – usually a source of various dairy products, red meat, tropical oils. It can be eaten, but in less amount.
How to avoid unhealthy fats?
- You can eat nuts instead of chips or crackers foods. Butter of Peanut is better than ordinary butter.
- Instead of hard frying, you can eat lightly fried, boiled or baked food.
- Avoid packaged foods, processed foods.
- Instead of red meat (such as beef), you can eat chicken which is skunless, fish, uncooked eggs and vegetable protein.
- You can use vegetables ,olive oil in pasta,and salads and fiber rich foods.
- Meat in sandwiches, burgers, etc. contains unsaturated fats, adding vegetables instead of meat will add a different dimension to the diet.
- Consumption of moderate dairy foods.
- Regular meals and meal list preparation
- Interestingly, losing just 7% of your body weight halves your risk of developing diabetes. It does not require excessive awareness. It is possible to reduce the risk of developing diabetes by simply following the rules and preparing a list of what you are eating or being aware of.
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast – it will give you energy throughout the day as well as keep your blood sugar regular. In order to control diabetes, 2/3 piece of red flour bread, 1 boiled egg and 1 cup of milk is enough for breakfast.
- For lunch, 1 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of vegetables, 1 piece of fish or meat and the amount of salad is enough.
- For dinner, 2/3 piece of bread, 1 cup of vegetables and 1 piece of fish or chicken is enough.
- Eat small meals – do not eat more than 6 times at most. In this way, it is easier to keep track of food.
- Regular calories – eat according to regular needs
A study has found that those who have made a food diary have a weight loss rate that is almost double that of those who have not.
Get to work every day –
Start the morning with exercise.In addition to walking, exercise, swimming, cycling, rope jumping, etc, moderate levels of physical labor have moderate blood sugar levels at tolerable levels.Therefore, in order to control diabetes, special care should be taken against sugary foods as well as fatty and non-vegetarian foods. Its levels can be greatly reduced.