BUET circular for foreign candidates 2021
BUET stands for Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology.
Admission of Foreign Nationals to Undergraduate Program For Academic Session 2020-2021
Applications in prescribed form (available from Bangladesh Embassics/High commissions) are invited from foreign nationals for admission into the undergraduate programs in various departments of BUET or Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology for the session 2020-2021.
The application must he forwarded by the Foreign Ministry of the student’s own country to the Ministry of Foreign Allaits of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, for necessary government approval and forwarding to the Ministry of Education of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh On completion of all these necessary government formalities, the application should reach the Office of the Registrar, BUET by 3 May 2021.
A student must not apply directly to the University for his/her admission.
- Foreign nationals successfully passing in their Secondary School and Higher Secondary or their equivalent examination from forcign education boards/ GCE “A” level or its quivalent cxamination in foreign countries shall be considered as Foreign students.
- Applicants who passed Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C) Examination or its equivalent examination with a GPA 4.00 out of 5.00 or its equivalent score and the Higher Secondary Certificate(H.S.C) cxamination or its cquivalent 2019 or later. “A” examination after November 2018 or later, arc eligible to apply, subjcct to fulfillment of other cligibility criteria and conditions.
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate or its equivalent examination with minimum “A” grades or 70% marks in Mathematics. Physics, Chemistry and English. If the transcript contains both letter and numerical grades, then the letter grade will be considered.
- Candidates passing the GCE “O’ Level and GCE ‘A” Level must eat minimum of B grade in at least five subjects (including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English) in GCE “O” Level examination and minimum of A grade in each of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in GCEA’Level enamination Candidates willing to be cnrolled in Biomedical Enginccring Department must have obtained in Biology a minimum of “A” grade or 70% marks in the Higher Secondary Certificate or its equivalent examination, or a minimum of “B” grade in GCE “A” level or its equivalent examination.
- Candidates having S.S.C and H.S.C. or their vquivalent cxamination (1. Tot GCE “O” and “A” level) must have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or a minimum TOEFL score of 60.
Number of Seats
The total number of scats for forcign students in undergraduate program in an academic session is 26 (twenty six). However, a maximum of 10 (ten) students from a single country and a maximum of 5 (five) students in a single department shall he allowed.
Procedure for Submission of Application
An application for admission must be submitted by an applicant to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of his/her own country. The foreign ministry of the applicant’s country will send the application to the Ministry of Foreign Allairs of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh to forward it to the Ministry of Education of the Govt, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, The Ministry of Education will examine the studeni’s application for necessary Government, approval and then forward it to the Registrar, BUET for processing the application. Due to these formalities required before the selection procedure, it is advised that the students should apply well ahead of the deadline of 3 May 2021.
The relevant documents of educational qualifications and 3 (three) recently taken passport size color photographs of the candidate should be included with the application form. After receiving the applications, the Admission Committees of BUET will select the eligible candidates for Admission in order of merit.
Tuition fees or cost
Tuition and other fees for undergraduate studies for students from SAARC countries will be charged as per regulations of the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. The students from non-SAARC countries will be charged US$ 200 (two hundred) or its equivalent taka for admission fee and US$ 50 (fifty) per credit hour or its equivalent taka, as course registration fee. All other fees will be same as of local students.
For detailed information please visit: www.buet.ac.bd
Register, Government BUET