Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU)
- What is BSMMU?
- BSMMU important Links
- BSMMU affiliated Institutions
What is BSMMU?
BSMMU means Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University. It is the premier Postgraduate Medical University in Bangladesh. Former Name of Its is Institute of Postgraduate Medical Research. It bears the heritage to Institute of IPGMR (Postgraduate Medical Research) that was established in 1965. In 1998 the Bangladesh Govt converted IPGMR into a Medical University for expanding the facilities for higher medical education and research in the Bangladesh. It has a great reputation for providing high quality and skillful postgraduate education in various specialties. The Medical University has strong connection with other professional bodies with nationally and internationally. The Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University is expanding rapidly and at Now, the Medical University has many departments equipped with modern medical technology and facilities for service, teaching and research. Besides education,the Medical University plays the Major role of promoting research activities in many discipline of Medicine. Since its beganing, the BSMMU has also been delivering general and specialized clinical service for the Healthcare seeker people as a tertiary level healthcare center in Bangladesh. It is autonomous body governed by a syndicate of 24 member.
Vice Chancellor :
BSMMU website :
- Shahbag, Dhaka
- BSMMU have 42 Department under 6 faculty.
BSMMU important Links
- BSMMU residency admission circular March 2023 : MD/MS phase A admission notice
- BSMMU admission test Result
- BSMMU MD Residency Syllabus : Medicine and Allied Phase A
- Md Residency Marks Distribution
- BSMMU SUBJECT LIST FOR MD/MS RESIDENCY and Eligibility Rules
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for MD/MS Phase-A Residency Program 2023
BSMMU Affiliated Institutes
1. Armed Forces Medical Institute (AFMI), Dhaka.
2. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical College, Faridpur.
3. Bangladesh Institute of Child Health (BICH), Dhaka
4. Bangladesh Institute of Health Sciences
5. Bangladesh Institute of Research & Rehabilitation in Diabetes, Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders (BIRDEM Academy), Dhaka.
6. Center for Medical Education (CME), Dhaka
7. Chattagram Maa O Shishu Hospital Institute of Child Health, Agrabad, Chattogram
8. Chattogram Medical College, Chattogram
9. Comilla Medical College, Comilla
10. Dhaka Dental College, Dhaka
11. Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka
12. Dinajpur Medical College, Dinajpur
13. Enam Nursing College, Savar, Dhaka.
14. Faridpur Medical College, Faridpur.
15. Ibrahim Cardiac Hospital & Research Institute.
16. Institute of Child & Mother Health (ICMH), Dhaka
17. Institute of Child Health & Shishu Sasthya Foundation Hospital, Dhaka
18. Institute of Community Ophthalmology, Chattogram
19. Ispahani Islamia Eye Institute & Hospital , Dhaka
20. Khulna Medical College, Khulna.
21. Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College, Sirajganj
22. Kumudini Welfare Trust, Mirzapur, Tangail.
23. Lions Eye Institute & Hospital, Dhaka
24. Mymensingh Medical College, Mymensingh
25. National Institute of Advanced Nursing Education & Research, Dhaka.
26. National Heart Foundation Hospital & Research Institute, Dhaka
27. National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD), Dhaka
28. National Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital, Dhaka
29. National Institute of Diseases of the Chest and Hospital (NIDCH), Dhaka
30. National Institute of Kidney Diseases & Urology (NIKDU), Dhaka
31. National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Dhaka
32. National Institute of Neuro-Sciences & Hospital
33. National Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Science, Dhaka
34. National Institute of Ophthalmology (NIO), Dhaka
35. National Institute of Preventive and Social Medicine (NIPSOM), Dhaka
36. National Institute of Traumatology & Orthopaedics Rehabilitation (NITOR), Dhaka
37. National Institute of ENT, Tejgaon, Dhaka.
38. Rajshahi Medical College, Rajshahi
39. Rangpur Medical College, Rangpur
40. Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College, Dhaka.
41. Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College, Bogura
42. Sheikh Hasina National Institute Of Burn And Plastic Surgery
43. Sher-e-Bangla Medical College,Barisal
44. Sir Salimullah Medical College, Dhaka
45. Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College, Sylhet.
46. TMSS Medical College, Bogura.